Vision Care Coordinator
Central to the patient experience, VCCs ensure that every patient seen by our team receives the best in personal connection and leading-edge medical care. Coordinators are responsible for accurate patient histories, diagnostic testing and image capture with advanced optometric equipment. They facilitate smart patient flow from reception to the exam room to the eyewear gallery, working seamlessly with colleagues. The VCC role is the ideal opportunity to launch and grow a career in healthcare with on-the-job training in every facet of patient support.
Attitude & Work Ethic:
The ideal VCC candidate is eager to learn all aspects of optometric patient care and vision health. They are steady and consistent in demeanor, value excellence and are not afraid to ask questions. They enjoy being part of a close team and take responsibility for the mutual success of all through their individual performance. Above all they are kind and patient-centric, leaving each patient with a feeling of wellbeing.
VCCs utilize technology in all aspect of their responsibilities including Electronic Medical Records. An openness to learn new technology is essential to the role, as is a desire to continuously improve the ways the office leverages EMR to deliver patient care.
Employees of Valley Vision Optometry appreciate a strong work-life balance and consistent schedule. They enjoy representing VVO at community events and are proud to be part of the practice.
- Prepare all exam rooms including sterilization and calibration of instruments
- Obtain and record the patient’s preliminary case history
- Administer eye drops
- Diagnostic testing as directed by the optometrist
- Utilize electronic medical records to assist doctor in exam room as medical note taker
- Assist with contact lens training, diagnostic lens orders and follow up patient visits
- Learn all facets of patient reception and optical styling and sales to provide backup to team when necessary
- Other duties as requested by leadership team
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Proficient in the use of internet and Microsoft Office
- Solid keyboarding skills: 50 WPM
- Excellent spelling and clear communication
- Familiarity with optometry or medical office protocols an asset but not necessary
- Strong ability to function on multiple tracks at the same time
- Self-starter with willingness to move things forward in a professional manner
- Passion for patient care and concern for others
- Curious and engaged, eager to grow in professional knowledge
- Able to frame things in a positive manner and see the good
- Committed to personal excellence
- Adaptability – you prefer to go with the flow. You take things as they come and discover the future one day at a time.
- Consistency – you are keenly aware of the need to treat people the same. You try to treat everyone with equality by setting up clear rules and adhering to them.
- Discipline – you enjoy routine and structure. Your world is best described by the order you create.
- Empathy – you can sense other people’s feelings by imagining yourself in others’ lives or situations.
- Input – you have a craving to know more. Often you like to collect and archive all kinds of information.
- Learner – you have a great need to collect and archive. You may accumulate information, ideas, or artifacts or even relationships.
- Restorative – you are adept at dealing with problems. You are good at figuring out what is wrong and resolving it.
- Responsibility – you take psychological ownership of what you say you will do. You are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.
Profit Share Program:
- After your successful 90-day introductory period, you will get to be included in our profit sharing program.
- In house Eyecare and Eyewear plan
- Extended healthcare plan with Green Shield Canada
- Part-time/Full-time, Permanent
How To Apply:
If this sounds like the kind of career you have been looking for, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the tagline “I’m pumped to come to Port Alberni” in the tagline.