At Valley Vision Optometry, Dr. Golemba and his Port Alberni optometry team are committed to providing advanced vision care in a professional and comfortable environment. As an optometrist serving Vancouver Island, our primary eye care service includes a complete eye exam that analyzes eye health and vision function. In addition to eye exams and vision testing, Dr. Golemba specializes in Low Vision and Vision Therapy services.
Learn more about eye care services in Port Alberni:
- Vision Therapy is a series of activities designed to give patients necessary and meaningful experiences to improve vision.
- Low vision is the term used to describe reduced eyesight that cannot be fully corrected with eyeglasses, contact lenses or eye surgery. The primary causes of low vision are eye diseases, but low vision also can be inherited or caused by an eye or brain injury.
- Dr. Golemba is able diagnose glaucoma and initiate treatment. Patients with moderate and advanced glaucoma are co-managed with an Ophthalmologist. We have invested in an instrument called iCare tonometry to screen for high eye pressure (rather than the "Puff" instrument), a Humphrey Visual Fieds Analyzer (instrument that measures the function of the retina and optic nerve), Multi-spectral Imaging (an instrument that allows for 3D measurement of the optic nerve), and Ocular Coherence Tomography with Retinal Nerve Fibre Analysis and Ganglion Cell Complex Analysis (programs that allow for early detection of glaucoma).
- Valley Vision Optometry performs retinal scans using the P200 from Optos on all patients aged five and over.
- Dry Eyes is a condition that can include many symptoms that cause discomfort, impair vision and limit your ability to go about your daily life
- An OCT exam provides:
- A scan to confirm a healthy eye or to detect the presence of disease
- An overview scan of the key areas of the retina giving your optometrist in Vancouver Island BC a more detailed view than he / she can achieve by other means
- The ability to compare your results to a large database of normal eyes to detect any potential early concerns
- A permanent record for your medical file enabling your Doctor to make important comparisons over time