Valley Vision Optometry
Title: Vision Therapist
Location: Port Alberni Reports to: Director of Operations
Pay Type: Competitive Wage, Based on Experience
We enhance our patient’s lives by preserving sight and maximizing vision. And we do it in a caring and comfortable environment. Valley Vision Optometry is seeking a dynamic, compassionate individual to help our office grow this exciting and rewarding part of our practice.
Valley Vision Optometry offers a competitive wage, flex health benefits, and quarterly bonus opportunities. Please send resume and cover letter to Anita Sutherland
Please also fill out the following application on line:
- Go to Talent Seeker
- Click on green “Apply Today” button
- From there, scroll down and choose the appropriate link for “Optometric Assistant (General Position)”
- There will be a section that allows you to see which locations have this position available – choose “Valley Vision Optometry”.
- From there, there is one final link: “Apply for this position”.
We are looking to train an enthusiastic individual as a Vision Therapist under the guidance of our current Therapist and the Doctor. Are you looking for a rewarding career that gives you the opportunity to make a dramatic difference in the lives of our patients? We are looking to make a long term commitment in the right individual and will invest in training and travel for courses and certifications. The position includes conducting 1 hour sessions with patients and briefly talking with parents, if applicable. You will administer visual assessment tests, record results, prepare lesson plans, and compile information for the doctor’s reports.
We want to grow this amazing part of our practice. You will help us spread the message about Vision Therapy by assisting with the creation of marketing collateral and by presenting to potential referral sources.
You are caring and patient, can work independently, are able to motivate patients (most of our Vision Therapy patients are children), are a quick learner, and you love to read and learn. Previous experiences may have included teaching, homeschooling, coaching, or child care (an asset, but not required). Previous optical or optometry experience is an asset but not a requirement.
Attitude and Work Ethic
You have an energetic personality and smile (our patients like it when we’re happy)! At your core, you possess a true understanding that our patient’s come first. A pleasant demeanor, good organizational skills and attention to detail are a must to succeed in this position. We use electronic records so you must be competent with technology and beyond “hunt and peck” on the keyboard.
You must love to work with people and love to learn. You come to work ready with a 10 out of 10 attitude, uplifting other’s around you. If you’re not open to change or you prefer to settle for average outcomes then we’re probably not a good fit.
- Proficient in the use of email, internet, Word, and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and work in a busy environment
- Quick learner and self-starter
- Detail oriented
- Great communication skills
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Project self-confidence
- Outgoing and optimistic personality
- You look for the good in others
- Able to remain calm and graceful under pressure
- You innately understand that the comfort and caring of our patients is our primary objective