Title: Optometric Assistant
Location: Port Alberni
Reports to: Director of Operations
Number of positions available: 2
Job start date: ASAP
Closing date for applications: May 31st, 2021
Wage: Payscale $32,490 - $41,350 / year
Hours of operation: 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. 9:00am – 4:00pm Wednesdays. These hours are subject to change.
Optometric Assistant Component
OAs are a vital part of the practice. They are responsible for recording accurate patient history, performing diagnostic tests and taking accurate images with some of the most advanced technology available in Optometry. They are vital to maintaining efficient patient flow and preparing patient records. As team players, our OAs are expected to work in a professional manner while maintaining a fast pace. The ability to multi-task is a must for this position.
Attitude and Work Ethic
You have an energetic personality and smile (our patients like it when we’re happy)! At your core, you possess a true understanding that our patients come first. A pleasant demeanor, good organizational skills, attention to detail are a must. If you are driven to develop skills, help the company grow and are familiar with Microsoft Office this could be your calling.
We use an Electronic Medical Records program so you must be comfortable with learning new technology and have good keyboarding skills.
You must love to work with people and love to learn. You come to work ready with a 10 out of 10 attitude, uplifting others around you. If you are open to change, and strive to excel, we may be the perfect fit.
Profit Share Program:
- After your 90 day introductory period, you get to share in our profits. Every 90 days, all our employees who have worked here more than 90 days get to share in our practice’s profit.
- Prepare examination rooms, including sterilization and calibration of instruments
- Obtaining and recording patient's preliminary case history in a professional and timely manner
- Administering eye drops
- You will be required to conduct a variety of diagnostic tests as directed by the optometrist
- Scribing for the doctors
- Assisting patients in contact lens training, diagnostic lens ordering, and follow up visits
- Assorted other duties as required
- The successful candidate will be cross trained between the Front Desk, and the Eyewear Gallery
- Proficient in the use of internet and Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task and work in a busy environment
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Previous medical or optometric experience an asset but not a necessity
- Quick learner and self-starter
- Detail oriented and a great speller
- 50+ WPM
- Project self-confidence
- Outgoing and optimistic personality
- You look for the good in others
- Able to remain calm and graceful under pressure
- You understand that the comfort and caring of our patients is our primary objective
How to apply:
If this sounds like the kind of career you have been looking for, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject header “I’m pumped for this job!”