Title: Optical Leader
Location: Port Alberni
Reports to: Director of Operations
Pay Type: Competitive Salary, Based on Experience, Will consider Moving Reimbursement
We enhance our patient’s lives by preserving sight and maximizing vision. And we do it in a caring and comfortable environment. Valley Vision Optometry is seeking a dynamic, compassionate and experienced Lead Optician to help our office serve the retail needs of our patients. This position plays a key role in supporting and coaching our team so they are best able to manage the health of our patient’s eyes all while delivering world-class customer service.
Valley Vision Optometry offers a competitive salary, flex health benefits, and quarterly bonus opportunities. Please send resume and cover letter to Anita Sutherland email@example.com
Please also fill out the following application on line:
- Go to Talent Seeker
- Click on green “Apply Today” button
- From there, scroll down and choose the appropriate link for “Supervising Optician/Optical Leader”
- There will be a section that allows you to see which locations have this position available – choose “Valley Vision Optometry”.
- From there, there is one final link: “Apply for this position”.
The Lead Optician is responsible for demonstrating strong leadership abilities practice wide. Strong internal and external relationships that allow our practice to grow are essential to our success. Our culture is one of Service, Relationship, Excellence, Accountability and Learning.
Service: The Lead Optician leads by example to deliver a stellar eyewear experience to patients by seeking to understand and exceed patient expectations.
Relationship: Developing both external and internal relationships builds trust. The Lead Optician will work with all departments for continued process improvement.
Excellence: The Lead Optician will strive to achieve the highest standards in quality and service delivery.
Accountability: The Lead Optician actively listens and responds appropriately and takes responsibility for meeting appropriate deadlines.
Learning: Our learning sparks creativity and change. We all learn from both mistakes and successes and we actively learn from both.
Job Responsibility Summary: The Lead Optician will have a proven track record of sales growth and sales accountability, and will develop and execute on an annual optical work plan in collaboration with leadership. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish effective team communication and evaluate and correct care and service delivery systems.
- Meet and exceed eyewear sales goals with an emphasis on multiple pair sales.
- Implement an appropriate inventory management plan based on current frame analysis, demographic and psychographic data.
- Develop pricing models to maximize optical boutique performance.
- Analyze and develop effective financial reporting systems for leadership.
- Develop staff in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Actively seek innovation for enhanced optical boutique performance and experience.
- Educate all patients and staff on frame technology to ensure both their fashion and function needs are met.
- Educate patients and staff on all visual lens solutions available to ensure their visual clarity and comfort needs are met.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of insurance benefits (third party benefits) and the ability to communicate said benefits to patients.
- Coordinate exceptional merchandising and display of all frames in the eyewear boutique.
- Develop effective relationships with all product vendors and ensure vendor accountability in the merchandising and buying strategy.
- Manage pricing, price point and warranty systems. Ensure vendor billing and credit accuracy.
Sales Skills As the optical department represents a significant portion of the practice’s income, the Lead Optician is expected to possess a high degree of influential sales skills. The ability to effectively communicate the benefits of all optical products to patients and staff is required.
Merchandising Skills The Lead Optician will create an excellent and ever evolving eyewear boutique experience though staff training, vendor relationship building, merchandising and displays. The Lead Optician is responsible for developing and managing relationships with our frame and product vendors and appropriately displaying eyewear so it creates an environment for the eyewear boutique to thrive.
Customer Orientation Providing our patients exceptional service is a cornerstone of our brand. The Lead Optician’s role in delivering on our brand is integral.
Communication Skills Communication in a manner that helps the patient understand technical and relational terminology in their layman language is essential. Strong relationship building skills with patients and staff members is also required.
Technical Abilities The Lead Optician must be able to demonstrate all essential functions of a licensed optician: accurate measurement, job ordering, eyewear dispensing and fitting. Attention to detail relative to prescriptions, validating the accuracy of eyewear received, etc. is imperative. Optician’s License is required.
Pace of the Environment The Lead Optician must be able to work at a fast pace while focusing on the individual patient experience. Availability to work a flexible schedule and the hours necessary to open and/or close the boutique is required. Occasional weekend travel for advanced training throughout the year may be required.
Frequent Interaction with Others The Lead Optician needs the ability to respond with flexibility in a quickly changing environment and manage multiple interactions with team members and patients. Time management and the ability to adjust priorities are required.
Management Abilities The Lead Optician will lead, coach and build relationships within the team in an environment of fast change. Must be able to direct and motivate a diverse team, as well as the ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope. Must be able to act decisively in implementation and have strong organizational skills. The Lead Optician will track and report key revenue indicators and results requested by the Leadership Team.
- Natural Leader
- Eyewear junkie
- Thirsts for knowledge and learning
- Enjoys reading
- Independent (can tackle projects with little supervision)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Health Conscious