Title: Eyewear Consultant
Location: Port Alberni
Reports to: Director of Operation
We enhance our patients’ lives by preserving sight and maximizing vision. And we do it in a caring and comfortable environment. Not everyone can say they do that every day!
As an Eyewear Consultant, the successful candidate will work closely with patients, building relationships and offering eyewear solutions. Selling is an integral part of the job. We’re looking for an energetic, organized individual that has proven customer service and retail experience. He/she understands the importance of building rapport, offering recommendations, and providing financing options. This position will be dynamic and always evolving so you must truly enjoy taking on new challenges. The expectation is that the Eyewear Consultant will be continuously improving their skills and abilities by reading motivational books, searching the internet for new information, and always seeking self-improvement.
Don’t have experience in optical sales? That’s OK. We’ll train the right candidate. You must be willing to learn and apply yourself.
You have a positive and energetic personality (our patients like it when we’re happy)! At your core, you possess a true understanding that our patients come first. Flexibility, good organizational skills, and computer savvy are a must to succeed in this position (Outlook, Word, Excel). You come to work ready with a 10 out of 10 attitudes, uplifting others around you.
If you’re not open to change or you prefer to settle for average outcomes then we’re probably not a good fit. If we’ve described your personality, please apply by following this link and filling out our online application.
- Go to Talent Seeker
- Find “Eyewear Consultant”
- Then select “apply for this position”
- Fill out the application in its entirety.
- Advising patients on lens type, frames and styling
- reviewing contact lens prescriptions with patients
- with further training, fitting contact lenses and giving advice on their care and use
- taking frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning
- offering payment finance options
- making adjustments or repairs to spectacles as needed
- checking lenses on delivery to ensure they meet the required specifications
- maintaining the cleanliness of optical displays and merchandising
- following up with patients by phone (customer relationship management)
- other duties as required by management
Other Responsibilities and Duties May Include:
- answering phones and scheduling appointments
- handling web store transactions; billing and receipt of payment for contact lens pickups
- providing prescription release
- ordering miscellaneous products and accessories
- confirming patient appointments
- Previous sales/retail experience an asset
- Previous phone experience an asset
- Proficient typing speed (50wpm – 60wpm)
- Proficient in the use of email, Word, Excel, Internet searches
- Ability to multi-task and work in a busy environment
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Quick learner and self-starter
- Strong verbal communication, organizational and time management skills
- Project self-confidence
- Outgoing and optimistic personality
- You look for the good in others
- Able to remain calm and graceful under pressure
- You innately understand that the comfort and caring of our patients is our primary objective
- You openly take on new challenges and are willing to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to learn and acquire new talents.