Title: Eyewear Consultant
Location: Port Alberni
Reports to: Director of Operation
Eyewear Consultants deliver premium eyewear solutions to every patient in an engaging manner that completes the exam experience. With an understanding of the gallery’s sales function you enthusiastically represent the inventory selection, you are knowledgeable about styling, fit and lens technology, are comfortable with selling, and happy to engage outwardly with every patient.
Attitude & Work Ethic
The ideal EC candidate is eager to learn all aspects of optometric patient care and eyewear. They are steady and consistent in demeanor, value excellence and are not afraid to ask questions. They enjoy being part of a close team and take responsibility for the mutual success of all through their individual performance. Above all they are kind and patient-centric, leaving each patient with a feeling of wellbeing.
ECs utilize technology in all aspect of their responsibilities including electronic measuring and tracing devices and Electronic Medical Records. An openness to learn new technology, both in eyewear and devices, is essential to the role.
Employees of Valley Vision Optometry appreciate a strong work-life balance and consistent schedule. They enjoy representing VVO at community events and are proud to be part of the practice.
Profit Share Program
After a successful 3-month review, ECs are eligible to grow their income through our profit-share initiative. Earn quarterly performance-based supplements that can significantly boost your annual income.
- Frame and lens selection
- Reviewing Rx’s and doctor recommendations with patients
- Measuring and specifying frame and lens orders
- Tracing frames
- Loaning frames, placing frames on hold
- Instructing patients on the use and care of new lenses and frames
- Prescription release
- Eyewear repairs and adjustments
- Post dispense follow ups and ensuring patient satisfaction
- Problem solving for patients having challenges with their eyewear
- Verifying lenses orders as they arrive to ensure they are correct for the patient
- Maintaining cleanliness of optical displays and merchandising
- Learn all facets of patient reception and vision care to provide backup to team when necessary
- Other duties as requested by leadership team
- Proficient in use of internet and Microsoft Office
- Solid keyboarding skills: 50 WPM
- Excellent spelling and clear communication
- Sales experience
- Familiarity with optometry or medical office protocols an asset but not necessary
- Familiarity with lenses, tints, coatings, sunglasses and frames an asset but not necessary
- Strong ability to function on multiple tracks at the same time
- Self-starter with willingness to move things forward in a professional manner
- Passion for patient care and concern for others
- Curious and engaged, eager to grow in professional knowledge
- Able to frame things in a positive manner and see the good
- Committed to personal excellence
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
How to apply:
If this sounds like the kind of career you have been looking for, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “I’m pumped for this career!”