Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Port Alberni
Reports to: Director of Operations
We enhance our patients’ lives by preserving sight and maximizing vision. And we do it in a caring and comfortable environment. Not everyone can say they do that every day!
The Administrative Assistant works closely with the Director of Operation to take projects from concept to completion. We’re looking for an energetic, organized individual that can multi-task, and has strong typing and computer skills. This position will be dynamic and always evolving so you must truly enjoy taking on new challenges.
You have a positive and energetic personality (our patients like it when we’re happy)! At your core, you possess a true understanding that our patients come first. Flexibility, good organizational skills, and computer savvy are a must to succeed in this position (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint). You come to work ready with a 10 out of 10 attitude, uplifting others around you.
If you’re not open to change or you prefer to settle for average outcomes then we’re probably not a good fit. If we’ve described your attitude, please apply by following this link and filling out our on-line application.
- Go to Talent Seeker
- Find “Administrative Assistant”
- Then select “apply for this position”
- Fill out the application in its entirety.
- Documenting systems and processes
- Event and trade show planning
- Coordinating promotions (may include basic desktop publishing)
- Monitoring activity and posting content for our social media channels (Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter)
- Communicating with external service providers
- Assisting in preparation of weekly staff meetings
- Conducting Internet research
- Word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, and filing.
- Ordering and maintaining inventory of general office and promotional supplies
- Updating website
- Other duties as required by management
Other Duties May Include:
- answering phones and scheduling appointments
- handle web store transactions; billing and receipt of payment for contact lens pickups
- prescription release
- mail handling
- confirming patient appointments
- basic eyewear adjustments
- Proficient typing speed (50wpm – 60wpm)
- Previous phone experience an asset
- Proficient in the use of email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet searches
- Familiar with most popular Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram)
- Able to (or open to learning) basic desktop publishing
- Ability to multi-task and work in a busy environment
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Quick learner and self-starter
- Sensitive to confidential information / matters
- Strong verbal communication, organizational and time management skills
- Project self-confidence
- Outgoing and optimistic personality
- You look for the good in others
- Able to remain calm and graceful under pressure
- You innately understand that the comfort and caring of our patients is our primary objective
- You openly take on new challenges and are willing to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to learn and acquire new talents