Welcome to Our Online Optometry Office
Our Vancouver Island Optometry Mission
Our mission is to provide customized solutions to every day visual challenges to enhance each and every patient's life. We strive to achieve this by developing a working relationship with each patient in a caring, comfortable environment. Our eye doctors and staff are committed to learn and to teach so that our patients can be better informed about all aspects of their vision and preventive care.
Find out how we can serve you through our site!
Take a moment, visit our site and see the services we have available for you:
- Google Maps and directions for your next appointment
- Request an appointment online
- Provide feedback about your visit
- Email a Doctor or Staff Member
- Educate yourself through our Eye Library
Coming in for an Appointment?
Click on the appropriate link to the left, then download and print your patient diagnostic form. Please fill out both pages to the best of your ability and bring them with you to your appointment.
Insurance & Financing
We are able to submit direct billing to the following plans: Department of Veterans Affairs, Great West Life, Ministry of Human Resources (Healthy Kids Program, Welfare), Non Insured Health Benefits, RCMP. Call us for more details.
We have financing! Take advantage of our 90 Day No Interest, No Payment Program.
- May 17, 2013 - Apply Now - Receptionist / First Impressions Position
- Dec 4, 2012 - Valley Vision Invests in iVue OCT
In our continued effort to bring the most advanced technology available to our patient’s, Valley Vision Optometry is proud to offer the iVue OCT. OCT stands for Optical Coherence Tomography and is like an "MRI" for the eye. Valley Vision Optometry is one of a few Optometric practices in British Columbia to offer this testing on-site and the only practice in Port Alberni. By providing an OCT locally our patients can receive this test in a timely fashion without leaving town.
Many eye problems can develop without warning and progress with no symptoms. Early on, you might not even notice any changes in your vision. However, diseases and complications such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, acute angle closures, keratoconus, retinal tears or detachments, as well as other health problems such as diabetes can be detected with a thorough eye exam. An OCT is highly recommended for certain patients once per year. The retina is the part of your eye that catches the image of what you are looking at, similar to the film in a camera. OCT technology is like an “MRI for the Eye”.
An OCT exam provides:
- A scan to confirm a healthy eye or to detect the presence of disease
- An overview scan of the key areas of the retina giving your doctor a more detailed view than they can achieve by other means
- The ability to compare your results to a large database of normal eyes to detect any potential early concerns
- A permanent record for your medical file enabling your Doctor to make important comparisons over time
- Valley Vision Optometry
4009 Redford Street
Port Alberni BC V9Y 3R9
Emergency Contact: In case of emergency outside office hours, go to West Coast General Hospital.